The Tague Lumber Custom Millwork Division prides itself on excellent service. Initial consults are always free. Every job includes:
- Site Measuring and Templating
- Shop Drawings
We can also arrange for professional installation at a reasonable cost.
How a project proceeds:
- We first get a basic idea of the job through consulting with the customer and viewing plans or photos.
- From there we generate an estimate; the estimate specifies what is and is not included in the price.
- Once an estimate is approved, we do a ‘field measure’ for exact dimensions.
- Then we make the actual shop drawings, using Tague’s in-house CAD capabilities.
- Once the client approves the shop drawings, production begins.
- The completed piece is delivered to the job site.
The process is a little different with custom mouldings. If a client has a sample piece, we use it to quote a price. If no sample piece is available, we go to the job site and trace the profiles with moulding gauges. Then we see if we have an existing knife to match the profile. If not, we scan the profile tracing and then retrace in AutoCAD. From there we create a computer image and have a custom knife ground (this step usually takes about a week). We run the job based on the lineal feet needed. Within two weeks or less we deliver the completed custom moulding.